Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wii Fit Wednesdays

Sparkle Cleanse Day 9 - Treat Yo Self Day 48

6 Steps to Sparkle
  1. Inspiration: How's my tummy? "You're cleansing and rebuilding while flooding and flushing. The payoff comes with consistency. Fiber is like dumbbells for your tubes, making them stronger. Perhaps you're eliminating like a champ (one to three times per day) and you wonder if that's natural. Yes! If you're visiting the loo more than usual, rejoice. If not, you may need a little help to get things moving."
  2. Focus: Notice your bowels today.
  3. Prayer: Sometimes I'm really uptight and impatient. Please help me turn my pounding fists into open receiving hands.
  4. Affirmation: I let go with ease. I am a clear channel. Energy flows through me, and all good things come to me.
  5. Body Movin': Deodorants laden with chemicals can constipate your arm pits.  (Last year I switched to Crystal Body Deodorant and love it!)
  6. Tip: If experience gas or bloating, try to be more consistent about food combing. Take a digestive enzyme with your meals and don't drink water while you eat.

My Reflection:

      When I started my Treat Yo Self cleanse I tried to pick a theme for each day of the week for support and through it all the Wii Fit Wednesday’s was the only theme that stuck. 
      Taking time on a weekly basis to weigh myself hadn’t been something I’d done for several reasons. The number on the scale always intimidated me, sending me into a shame spiral, leaving me with icky feelings I wanted to avoid and eating unhealthy foods to do so and followed up with more icky feelings and then repeat.

      I preferred to notice weight changes by how my clothes fit and how I felt. So to make the choice to actually weigh myself and look at the numbers was a stretch for this little, gentle spirit. But I did it differently this time, I built a supportive foundation around the weight of my body, to feel safe to express the feelings – whatever they may be and accept that I am transforming my body, my spirit, my life.
      When I first started the Treat Yo Self Cleanse on September 21, 2012 I had an idea of what my weight was. At my last weigh-in at the doctor's office in the end of July, I weighed 300 pounds. So at my first Wii Wednesday weigh-in, as the electronic Wii machine made its noises around my weight I wasn’t surprised, but I also found compassion.
      My weight and eating habits had gotten me through several challenging life changes – it protected me and helped me survive and I thanked it. Looking back as I journeyed with infertility, making choices with my family Turning Tables, Defying Gravity, Conduct and the beginning of my Inspiring Happiness Project, there were many times where I was unable to let myself feel the feelings that were associated with these life moments. And every time I looked at the weight on the scale the unexpressed feelings came rolling in. (No wonder I didn’t want to weigh myself!?!) Without feeling safe to express myself and to know my feelings I was challenged and needed support,  so I found food to be my only and simplest support. And now with patience, love and support I am able to start feeling and able to see the number on a scale as a Gold Star to the transformation I've created in my life.
      So when I honored my Wii Fit Wednesday today, I still had the little noises, but when my weight was displayed, I beamed from ear to ear. In 4 months not only have I transformed my weight to 279, the Treat Yo Self Cleanse has transformed my eating habits,  opening myself up to discoveries, creating healing.     

1 comment:

  1. What an inspiration! Way to go pretty lady!!

    ReplyDelete