Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sharing Love

Sparkle Cleanse Day 13 - Treat Yo Self Day 52

6 Steps to Sparkle
  1. Inspiration: Making meals for yourself and others is a profound way to share love. "As you get more comfortable with your ability to make tasty cuisine, invite folks over to break (gluten-free) bread. Just because you're cleansing doesn't mean you have to isolate. Share your knowledge. The world needs you! Teach your coworkers how to juice. Make healthy lunches and share the recipe. You're the sexiest 'Prevention Is Hot' cheerleader I have ever seen - shake those pom-poms!"
  2. Focus: Be the change you wish to see in the world.
  3. Prayer: Allow me to help others find their core vitality. Help me share my knowledge in a way that people can understand. Though I am excited, I realize that people don't like being bashed over the head. Help me teach with patience and compassion.
  4. Affirmation: I have the amazing ability to clearly communicate my wisdom to others.
  5. Body Movin': Tongue scraping, anyone? Ever notice the whitish coating that sometimes collects on your tongue? That's waste products and bacteria. Help your tongue out by gently removing it. You can find a scraper at any health food or drugstore - they cost about$2. French kissing is a lot better with a clean tongue. 
  6. Tip: When making meals for meat-loving carnivores, choose a heart, well-seasoned dish that will wow them - roasted veggies, a raw lasagna, tempeh Reuben, or rich grain dishes and soups. Then how about a lush dessert? Kick off the festivities with fresh juice served in pretty glasses. 

My Reflection:

      With my passion for baking and the Big, Beautiful Confectionary Wall I hit last week I wondered why I was having such a hard time with releasing sugar from my life. As I sat with this thought, I felt sadness - how will I share my love if I stop baking?
      I still love to bake and know I always will. I also know I love to bake new things - so finding new recipes that meet my dietary needs is hard. Try searching for gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and Vegan sweet treats. Fortunately, there are a few out there and thanks to Babycakes - I've been able to create things that work for me.
      As I wondered if I'd ever bake for others again - the answer is yes! My passion for baking is alive in every fiber of my being. No more sadness towards feeling that I need to give up something I love. It's an opportunity to continue creating treats using traditional ingredients, but I also can use new ingredients to create scrumptious sweets for even more family and friends. It's quite an exciting journey and I'm glad to share this with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment