Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wellness Warrior

Sparkle Cleanse Day 10 - Treat Yo Self Day 49

  1. Inspiration: I've made it to double digits on the Sparkle Cleanse! Hip hip hooray! So how does this Wellness Warrior feel? I'm empowering my body with nature's electricity in order to shoot to the beautiful stars. But that doesn't mean it always feels good while on the trip. I've felt some emotional and physical roller coasters through out the week. This week I may get really mad, mad at the cleanse, the world, myself, everyone. It's withdrawal symptoms, but it does not mean my feelings aren't valid or important. Notice and acknowledge them. But I'm not going to let them tell you what to do. What's really behind the tantrums? Am I having difficulty installing healthy boundaries? Saying no is a very liberating experience! If I say yes when I mean no, emotional chaos follows. If I hit hot pockets, let myself vent it out. Journal and get to the mountain top and scream!   
  2. Focus: Meet your priestess. She is a force of nature. She adores sauntering in red heels, free speech, and loud laughter. The priestess is deeply loving and compassionate but she'll fight to the death to protect her inner kid. Oh, and she smells good. If your priestess has been amputated in any way, heal her.
  3. Prayer: Knowing I am loved and beautiful inside and out, may I embrace my feminine energy. Guide me back to my priestess and teach me never to leaver her again.
  4. Affirmation: I am ripe with power, passion, and sizzle. I love and cherish my femininity.
  5. Body Movin': Dance and enjoy a soak in the tub with a friendly aroma.
  6. Tip: Include "functional food" in salad today and do wonders for your friendly flora.

My Reflection:

      At my appointment with Dr. Margaret yesterday, my body hummed with joy, peace and connectedness. I love working with her and her kind words about how enjoyable it is to work with me is truly delightful. I'm doing something amazing and with her support I am able to feel, be connected and live a fulfilled life.
      Now 10 days into the added Sparkle of the Treat Yo Self Cleanse, I have created delightful things in my life. Without the layers of food pushing down my emotions, I can feel and feel everything. It's as if this little light of mine is really shining.       Yesterday, I helped plan a Pancake Breakfast for our department at work. With last year's success under our belt, my team and our leaders were ready to flip flapjacks, sizzle sausage and serve our department with a smile. And as I was thinking about how I could enjoy the breakfast myself, I knew I needed to create something tasty and delicious that met all my criteria: gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and most importantly tasted great! I found a great recipe for Wonder Buns (a play on cinnamon rolls) from the cookbook: BabyCakes: BabyCakes Covers the Classics.
      There were a few of us who enjoyed the treats, but I did have a few people ask me if they were even any good. Now of course, these aren't filled with yeast, or are fluffy and gooey in the same way as cinnamon roll, so they are different, but they were great!
      After I had ran into my Big, Beautiful Confectionary Wall on Sparkle Day 7 - Day 46 of the Treat Yo Self Cleanse. I was starting to feel the withdrawals. Not only in my physical body, but my mind wondered how can I live a life without sugar? And what about my love for baking and sharing my talents with friends and family in Cake Pops, Cake Push Pops or anything else I create? And what if I make something new for someone, that I haven't personally tasted myself? How can I trust it tastes good, when my body is in pure rejection mode - when having these things cause so much pain? I was angry! 
      Why? Why did this matter? Because - my creativity and love are poured into every mouth-watering bite that I make. My soul lights up when I create something new and the joy on friends and families faces when they see the treat - simply inspired! 
      This is one of my ways to show love - it's how I take care of people. How I find a way to connect with someone on a creative level - it's important. So as I've been shaking it up, I was very concerned that I would have to give this up or loose this. And once I recognized this fiber of my being, I held it, showed it compassion and said, "we'll figure it out."   

No comments:

Post a Comment