Monday, November 12, 2012

Support

Sparkle Cleanse Day 14 - Treat Yo Self Day 53

6 Steps to Sparkle
  1. Inspiration: Guess what? It's fasting day again. "If you're up for it, fantastic! If not, just eat light and bright today. One of the benefits of fasting is mental clarity and spiritual purification. Fasting gets rid of excess. It peels off the layers of dullness revealing a holy honey core. Some of the greatest spiritual teachers, activists, artists and philosophers used periodic fasts to connect with a deeper layer of self. Gandhi, Buddha, Jeasus, Mother Teresa, Plato, Arostotle, Abraham Lincoln, and Leonardo da Vinci are among some of the fasting hall of famers. One day tune-ups leads to enlightenment."
  2. Focus: Think about other areas of excess in your life. Closests? File Cabinets? How about your Rolodex? Whoa. This may be time for a little housecleaning, and not just with the mop and broom - it's time to detox. You just don't have enough energy to tap yourself out with people who take, take, take. The people who really matter will step up to the plate. 
  3. Prayer: With a loving heart, help me to release the relationships that bring me down. I bless them and send them to the light so I don't have to haul their tired patooties around in my mind. Guide me to surround myself with people who give and receive with ease.
  4. Affirmation: I am a magnet of goodness and starlight. Like attracts like. The relationships in my life are nuturting and I am supported today.
  5. Body Movin': Review the section on Reiki in chapter 7 and give yourself some healing energy. Take a salt or cider bath after the 35 minute move-and-shake session.
  6. Tip: How are those catnaps coming? Are you training yourself to shut down and tune out? Oh, and are you getting eight hours of nightly snooze?

My Reflection:

      I’ve had many types of massages and with many different people. I tried Massage Envy when I first arrived in the cities because for their convenience (later evenings and weekends) however after having disappointing results for relaxation and physical relief, plus when someone will not massage my feet (no they weren’t stinky) I was determined to find someone new. I wanted their healing hands to really help me heal my emotional and physical pain. And then I found Sharon Madison a massage therapist that works in various applications - Swedish Massage, Acupressure and Reiki and has healing hands of love and support. I try to see her 3 times a year (although, I would LOVE to see her more).
      I fasted today, enjoying my shakes and preparing my body for the massage with Sharon Madison at Simply Grounded. I took the Sparkle Advice from Day 11 about getting a massage and today was the it! I gained insight, clarity, release and relaxation.
      Since being on the Treat Yo Self Cleanse I've begun celebrating my body and finding ways to love and support it. And what's been wonderful is the friends and family that have sent me encouraging words and support. With one of today's focuses being about those who support you I have asked for support. "With a loving heart, help me to release the relationships that bring me down." Never an easy choice, but when it comes to that choice it's about loving myself first. This may sound selfish, but being attached to something that only is filled with guilt or anger or pain doesn't work either. Which is why it is so exciting to see that the person I am - this special Care Bear Belly Badge I carry and the souls I intermingle with align with are filled and aligned with my purpose to create, inspire and find happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment