Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pizza and Papa

Sparkle Cleanse Day 17 - Treat Yo Self Day 56

6 Steps to Sparkle
  1. Inspiration: One of the things I learned on my journey with the little c is that I am my own best friend. And guess what? So are you! When you get to know and respect yourself you are never alone, no matter how hard it gets and how dark it seems. Never forget that, okay? Life is testy. Obstacles are par for the course. Pat yourself on the back! Take pride in how far you've come. You rock! 
  2. Focus: Now's a good time to ask your best friend (you!):
    • What needs more attention in your life?
    • What's one thing you could take off your plate that would allow you more time?
    • What loving words about yourself would your best friend tell you?
    Write those encouraging words on your bathroom mirror in red lipstick.   
  3. Prayer: Obstacles are opportunities in disguise - let me know them when I see them.
  4. Affirmation: I accept and love myself as I am. I believe in me.
  5. Body Movin': Get a haircut, invest in some new duds, be Madonna and reinvent yourself. By now you've probably lost a few pounds, your skin looks dewy and youthful, and your attitude shines. Get a style to match the magic.
  6. Tip: Give yourself a belly rub. Your pooper will thank you. Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet on the floor. Apply moderate pressure and slowly rub in a circular clockwise motion. Start on your right side, then work across your belly (under your rib cage) and down your left side. Repeat several times. If you're having trouble with trapped gas, try using a hot-water bottle atop your tum tum. 

My Reflection:

      Today was the first day that I had pizza - thank you Pizza Luce for my first piece of pizza in over 60 days. Not only was it tasty, it met my primary dietary requirements: gluten-free, and dairy-free for my Treat Yo Self Cleanse. I was thankful and enjoyed each bite! This dinner was not just about pizza - it was the first time my papa and I shared space in nearly a year. 
      In the moments leading up to our dinner, excitement and anxiety surged through my blood. As I walked from work to Pizza Luce, I listened to P!nk's "Crystal Ball". 

"Love just needs a witness and a little forgiveness
And a halo of patience and a less sporadic pace
And I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes

Oh, I've felt that fire and I, I've been burned
But I wouldn't trade the pain for what I've learned "

Love just needs a witness and a little forgiveness And a halo of patience and a less sporadic pace And I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes

Read more: PINK - CRYSTAL BALL LYRICS
Love just needs a witness and a little forgiveness And a halo of patience and a less sporadic pace And I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes

Read more: PINK - CRYSTAL BALL LYRICS
      As I walked into the space I was greeted with a welcoming hug. I became relaxed as the moments passed and knew that I would be my best friend by supporting myself; being truthful and sharing love with my papa. As our dinner progressed our spirits danced in a truthful and loving way - it was a moment to treasure.
      Our dinner was lovely and my heart was overflowing with joy. I was thankful that I followed my heart and intuition, while supporting the parts of myself that were anxiety ridden. While I have yet to see my mother and my papa continues to encourage me to do so - I said, I'll be ready, when I'm ready. And I'm ok with that.


Love just needs a witness and a little forgiveness And a halo of patience and a less sporadic pace And I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes

Read more: PINK - CRYSTAL BALL LYRICS

No comments:

Post a Comment