Saturday, November 3, 2012

Shopping

Sparkle Cleanse Day 5 - Treat Yo Self Day 44

6 Steps to Sparkle

  1. InspirationIf weekends are traditionally designated as the start of two days of indulgence and sleeping in. Some strategic planning on how to handle the festivities with friends that in the past led to eating crap. "Celebrate your spirit without overindulgence."
  2. Focus: Plan responses to any weekend requests that may be challenging. This way when the urge rears its savage head, the response will be ready. When the going gets tough, the touch get grounded! Take a moment to feel my feet on the floor, be aware of my booty on the chair, take a few deep breaths, and let the temptation pass. Ask: "what do I really want?" Chances are it has nothing to do with food. Maybe it's a hug or a nap or a talk with a trusted friend? No matter where you have this conversation - have it.
  3. Prayer: May I my shine without dimming it. Help me socialize with integrity. By setting an example, I inspire others. Remind me when I forget and fill me with holy shazzam discipline.
  4. Affirmation: When I put my mind to it, I can do anything. I am Wonder Woman and I wear bulletproof cuffs. I am able to wrangle my cravings with my Magic Lasso and remove them via my Invisible Plane - I'm in charge! 
  5. Body Movin': Meditation doesn't mean relaxation. Meditation is work! Spend time doing this.
  6. Tip: Dine with the divine... Try to finish the last meal three hours before bed. "Your body repairs at night. Don't add to the burden by making it digest as well."

My Reflection:

      Spending today with my cleanse was truly inspired. What a loving and joyous gift to give to myself. Doing what I love and loving what I do - makes every moment reflecting, sharing and listening worth it. There have been so many moments of pure happiness, where I feel connected and alive.
        Doing the Treat Yo Self Cleanse is the best decision I've ever made. Not only does my stomach no longer hurt, my headaches have seemed to disappear and the actions I used to take to cover up my feelings with food are shifting. I'm so much more aware and in-tune.               As I went grocery shopping today, I allowed myself time! Time to read each label, to search for what will work with my diet and a lot of patience and love. When I'd feel overwhelmed that the product I wanted had high fructose corn syrup (peanuts, stewed tomatoes), I'd breath deeply and move on.
         It won't stop me from eating - I'll make an adjustment. Overall this shopping experience was much better than my experience at the beginning of the cleanse. At first it felt overwhelming and I was sad at all the foods I couldn't have. Now I see the foods I can eat and how thrilling it is to find new foods to enjoy.      
      Oh and I also tried the neti pot I referenced in Day 3 of the Sparkle Cleanse this morning. It was an odd sensation, but it certainly cleared the sines in a safe way. Helping move toxins on and out was a great start to this Wonder Woman day!

No comments:

Post a Comment