Saturday, November 10, 2012

Care Bears

Sparkle Cleanse Day 12 - Treat Yo Self Day 51

6 Steps to Sparkle
  1. Inspiration: Gratitude is the attitude! Now that I know what I love, it's a delicious time to welcome gratitude into my life. Gratitude puts oneself in a position of having instead of wanting. When I take stock of my blessings, I get more blessings. When I throw bottomless "wanting" out into the universe, I get back more wanting. Life doesn't start when all the ducks are in a row; it's happening right now. Notice what I do have instead of focusing on what I don't. "If you can't think of anything, then your inner sourpuss has hijacked you. This is very serious. Immediately send a SWAT team armed with a fire hose of sunshine to your rescue."  
  2. Focus: Mull this over. What if all your problems disappeared today? Would you be instantly happy? Tell the truth. My sense is that the answer would be no. Most of us build state-of-the-art infrastructure to house our ego's negative voice. We provide sturdy platforms for doubt and despair. If the source of the misery were removed, don't think for a nanosecond that the self-created support beans would vanish with it. When you stop feeding the negativity, it will collapse. 
  3. Prayer: With gratitude for all that I have, remind me to take stock and be thankful for another day on earth.
  4. Affirmation: My life is abundantly now; rivers of joy and health flood my inner being and fill me with stamina and strength.
  5. Body Movin': Download a guided meditation or peaceful chanting CD. Take 15 minutes or more to rest and regroup.
  6. Tip: Clean out the makeup bag and medicine cabinet. Be grateful that you have alternatives - and use them. Chemical moisturizers, old lipsticks and old eye shadows - gotta go.

My Reflection:

      The Care Bears were a staple of my youth. The stories and making play-doh characters of them at daycare bring back fond memories. What I loved the most about the Care Bears is that they each have their unique personality and wear it proudly as their belly badge.  
      With Birthday Bear, Cheer Bear, Friend Bear, Love-a-lot Bear and Tenderheart Bear as some of my favorites; I loved the idea of these whimsical guardian angels who guide and protect children. And their secret weapon against evil: the "Care Bear Stare", in which lights radiates from their belly badges and combine to form a ray of love and good cheer which could bring care and joy into the target's heart.
       I believe we all have our own Belly Badges - it's our spirit that shines from our core and encourages us to live. Although, somewhere in my youth, I hid my Belly Badge. There had been many experiences when I used this power and felt ramifications. And so I thought I didn't need it - after all if I used it, it only hurt. I learned very quickly that it became unsafe for me to express myself as my whole, unique wonderful self. So to survive and not feel pain, I thought I'd save my Belly Badge power for a time when I could really let it shine. So I hid it - to protect the most sacred part of myself.
      Now I'm no longer burying my emotions underneath food. I've been able to feel safe in the world - safe enough to express myself; to connect discover my own power and source of enthusiasm. It's beautiful and Sparkles with delight whenever I do what I really love. There have been so many moments when I notice it while I'm baking, crafting or writing. I'm grateful to have found my Care Bear Belly Badge.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment