Monday, February 17, 2014

9: I Say Maybe

I noticed in the last few posts, that I begin many of my lines with "Maybe"
Why?
Because this word is allowing me to feel safe
Feeling like I can explore
Also feeling like I don't really have to commit to something if "Maybe" is surrounding it
So I'm going to challenge myself, to stop saying "Maybe"
There is no judgment on past posts
It's something I noticed and want to find another way to say what I need to say.
Reflection allows me to see that writing differently
More raw, unedited, less "perfect"
I have more freedom to explore
To play in the sandbox of creation
And to hope for a deeper meaning I am not yet able to see.
When I write in the forest
I only see the trees that immediately surround me
And that's as it should be
The "Maybe's" are a way to zoom out and see all the land surrounding me
Though maybe (there it is again), I am needing more of the earthy pines
Time to be in deeper forests where beams of light peak through the tall trees
To write about the details of each crisp pinecone
Or delicate blade of grass 
Or the moist mossy stone
And rather than pulling myself out,
I can choose to ground myself in
Just to see what happens
So I'll try
And maybe (that's the last one), I'll see things differently.
Thanks www.sensophy.com for this beautiful quote!

With Love, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment