Saturday, February 7, 2015

A Life Time Experience

A Life Time Experience


In the last month and a half I've been exploring ways to add body movement into my life. I've blogged about how I reached this point in Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 of The Exercise.

On Sunday, January 11, I knew where the next level of my transformation would take place. After searching for various places (gyms, private studios, Class Pass, etc) the Universe supported my intention as I attended a class at LifeTime Fitness with a friend.

 

The First Class


There were a lot of things that happened in that class.

First, I thought it was going to be a Barre Class (my primary motivator for body movement), turns out the instructor changed and we were now in Warrior Sculpt Yoga. This class combines yoga, strength training and athletic cardio training.*Keep in mind I hadn't been doing any significant form of exercise for a few months. I seriously considered leaving and then I improve'd it and said, "You're here, say Yes and show up!"

Second, even though it's been years since my weight, body and relationship to myself have been transforming, I felt very much like the "big girl" in class. I began worrying about the clothes I was wearing and comparing my body shape and size to others in the room. I realized those were old messages that are no longer the truth and fortunately they ended the moment body movement began. Turns out no one was looking at my body and if they were I was too focused on my own experience to care.

Third, for the first time I understood why people workout. There was a period of 30 minutes where I wasn't over-thinking or focused on a list of to-dos. I was present, in the moment and as my body shook awake in certain positions, I felt alive.

Fourth, I faced the thought that I wasn't worthy of moving my body in new and loving ways.

Fifth, I knew if I could rock it at Warrior Sculpt Yoga, I was ready to join the gym. I signed up and eagerly embrace where this journey will lead me and how my body, heart, mind and soul will transform.

With Love, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment