Monday, February 17, 2014

9.2: Where I Spent My Time Today

I continue be amazed and grateful that when I put energy out there, it comes back to me in beautifully, surprising ways. Yesterday I was considering releasing one of my favorite crafts, baking. It's something I've always loved to do and even now that I choose to eat meals free of gluten, dairy, refined sugar and corn, an afternoon spent in the kitchen, making a new recipe still ignites my passionate heart. I blogged about this experience last May in my blog about choices. Because honestly, I was feeling a bit guilty. Here I am choosing to eat certain foods and avoid others, while I bake in both worlds. I doubted my passion, even my gift for creating and it's lingered out there.

Today as I was setting my intention for the day, I came to honoring prosperity and living passionately. And no later did I receive 5 emails from friends asking for Cake Pops (my absolute favorite treat to make). I'm always honored when others ask me to create something that will make their day special. And no matter if it's a birthday, baby shower or a wedding, I always put One Main Ingredient into it, love.

So what does one do when they are passionate about two things that the mind says contradict each other? And is it only in my head (the answer is yes). My heart wants me to do things I feel good about and until the day making these treats for others feels anything other than that, I choose to follow my heart and bake.

So tonight I spent my time preparing for an upcoming Cake Pop order making a chocolate cake (that I ask my husband to taste). And I also sorted through my photos (there are plenty) of the Cake Pops I've created over the years and posted them on my baking blog: OneMainIngredient.blogspot.com and I'm so proud.

There was something (a big glob of doubt) stopping me from making movement in this area and the most honest thing I can do for myself and others is to step forward and notice how it feels. And tonight, as I head to bed, I'm thankful for the support as I honor what I love to do and balance out the thoughts that counteract it.
With Love, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment