Saturday, October 20, 2012

30 Things I Love

I celebrate... 30 years of living life, 30 days of my Treat Yo Self Cleanse and 30 things I love about my life.

On October 5th, I celebrated my 30th birthday and today is the 30th day of my cleanse. My heart overflowed with joy as I spent time reflecting on the power of 30.

  1. A loving marriage. This year my husband and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. I still remember the first time I saw him, in that moment I knew, "I'm going to marry that man."  
  2. Cuddly Cats. I have two amazing cats that are both playful and compassionate.   
  3. The Inspiring Happiness Project. Sharing my experiences and creating inspiration has been a rewarding and personal journey. My hope is that these experiences have created positive ripples inspiring you to follow your heart, release patterns that no longer work and find a way to create happiness in your life.    
  4. Healing. With Dr. Margaret and other amazing resources Connecting to myself, creating a life to treasure and letting whatever comes forward be embraced and healed.
  5. Treat Yo Self Cleanse. Finding new ways to love food and the choices I make has created space in my life to acknowledge and discover healing. While everyday hasn't been easy, peeling back layers, discovering wisdom and finding clarity has made this cleanse the best thing I've ever done for myself. It's now 30 days in and I'm still amazed.
  6. Friends and Family. You are all treasures. I love getting to know each of you, spending time loving your unique gifts and enjoying the life we create together.  
  7. Love. A beautiful and wild emotion that brings dreams to life and passion to everything.
  8. Love for Children. Sometimes I feel like Mary Poppins. While she doesn't have her own children, she flies into children's lives, loves them with everything she has and feels joy and love.  
  9. Our home. Not just a house, it's the place I collect my thoughts, rest my head and create my dreams.  
  10. Traveling. Wherever we go, whatever we do, spending time in new places is an amazing experience. Being in nature and creating new experiences rejuvenates your soul - it's simply wonderful. 
  11. Discovery. The last 2 years I've discovered more about myself and ways to create a life I love.  
  12. A job I love. I've been at Capella University for over 4 years now. It's been an exciting, rewarding and ever changing environment. Providing customer service, project management and most recently co-supervising a high student who works in our department helps me love what I do.  
  13. Fundraising. Each year Capella University has an annual employee giving campaign: TOGETHER FOR GOOD. I began donating to the Silent Auction 3 years ago: crafts, baked items and many other things - employees bid on the item and all proceeds go to American Heart Association, Community Health Charities and United Way. This year I co-lead a Bake Sale and it was amazing. Not only did we raise over $1,000, our one day of sweetness received many accolades as a phenomenal event where people have said, "it felt like shopping in an upscale bakery with the table cloths and the presentation, except everything was affordable!"  
  14. Event Planning. Amazing opportunities to create unique events for my department at work. It's always wonderful to have the vision for the events come to life. Having fun, creating memories and developing opportunities to value our employees.  
  15. Dancing. Being lead on the floor to create beauty, ignites passion and strengthens trust - always accept a dance. Taking ballroom dance lessons with Kelly at Arthur Murray's in St. Paul has been a wonderful journey.   
  16. Baking. I love to bake. Finding new recipes, creating scrumptious sweets and sharing with others comes from a well of love and passion.   
  17. Cake Pops. Yes, they could fall under baking, but they are also a craft and rightfully deserve their own call out. I love making them for friends and family - it's always a true delight to translate their vision into an adorable and tasty treat on a stick. 
  18. Crafts. Using my creativity and hands I get to create usable and loveable things. 
  19. Music. Connecting to the power and passion of the artist creations, I celebrate with them as the lyrics play. My August posts celebrated the connection with music and life: Adele, Defying Gravity and Cranberries.  
  20. Movies. I've always appreciated the way a movie can create and transform you into another world.  
  21. The library. Finding the perfect book on any subject imaginable is absolutely lovely.  
  22. Thank You cards. Picking out cute cards, showing gratitude and sending things in the mail - I just love it.  
  23. Lovely locks. 4 years ago I began growing my hair. These locks are now to the middle of my back and love getting dressed up, dolled up or straightened and every day it's an adventure.  
  24. Following my heart's desire. When I discovered my purpose, the life I create is lived more fully and I've found myself doing so many amazing things. Things I would have never thought possible.  
  25. Making choices.Whether easy or not, anytime I make a choice, it comes from this place of power where I lead with my heart.  
  26. Awareness. The ability to open up to notice all things - especially the little because you'll never know when you'll be surprised. 
  27. Passion. An internal drive to love what you do and do what you love - to care about the process than the final outcome.  
  28. Dreaming. After watching Cinderella I remembered how lovely dreams can be. "A dream is a wish your heart makes."  
  29. Laughter. Creating a life where moments are filled with laughter build amazing memories.   
  30. My 30 Year Old Self. I'm excited for the life I'm living and the joy I've created. It's simply inspiring to know I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be - doing what I love and loving what I do.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment