Monday, October 29, 2012

Sparkle - Jewels of my Journey

Glass Beads, 39 Day Reflection on the Treat Yo Self Cleanse and 21 Day Sparkle Cleanse

      
       My husband and I were eager to try something new and put our crafty hands towards creating something delightful, so this past weekend we used our Groupon at Potekglass. Armed with willingness and excitement we enrolled in the Try-it: Beads of Italian Soft Glass Class. Malcom Potek welcomed us into the studio, introduced us to the equipment (torch, tool set, glass and mandrels) and taught us the basics of glass blowing.  
      As I sat in the art district of Minneapolis on the brisk, fall morning; adrenaline surged as I worked the flame. There was such power in these tools; balancing the propane and air of the torch to create the perfect flame. The flame was literally inches from my body and I used my hands to melt the molten glass to create my first bead. Once gathered, the glass was applied to a mandrel (a metal stick), once the glass hardened and cooled the mandrel made the center of the bead. We then created a stringer (basically a thin, narrow piece of glass) which once cooled, is then heated again and used to apply decoration to the beads.

      I created each beautiful bead was transported into a Zen zone and I connected to the process. Every choice I made affected how the glass would transform. The heat of the flame, temperature of the glass and spin of the mandrel shaped the bead. The glass would find forgiveness for a lopsided shape - it just needed more time, fire and patience.
      As the beads cooled - my heart was thrilled to have created such beautiful, unique beads. And in that moment, I realized that glass blowing is much like that of my personal journey of discovering and Inspiring Happiness. At first I was presented with new tools and processes, each invitation to discover more about myself initially began with anxiety and doubt - "how will I do this new thing?" And if I do this, "what is needed to make it work?" With healing resources along the way, I found support and a way to keep welcoming the invitations and whatever they beheld. And as I continue on with this journey, I get to create beautiful beads that work for me and those beads create jewels of my journey. 

10.29: Marks the 39th Day of my Treat Yo Self Cleanse


       Wow! I'm so proud of that number. My food choices have transformed this gal and I proudly shout it out that I've been crinkly-bag free for these 39 days. And the instant gratification I used to find with the drive-through foods has loosened it's grip on the emotional reactions I was trying to avoid. 

       What was that? There were a few times over the last few weeks where gluten, refined sugars, yeast and cheese have entered my life. Often times I'd find myself choosing this in the evening and especially when I've struggled to find a healing balance. I share this because I want to own that this was a pattern and can be transformed.


10.30: Begins the 21 Days of Sparkle

  
     Inspired by Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet I'm infusing my Treat Yo Self Cleanse with inspiration from her 21-Day Adventure Cleanse - which I'm calling my added Sparkle. I'm letting my body, mind and spirit Sparkle and shine feeling magnificent and looking beautiful inside and out. 
     With Kri's words of wisdom, I know I can Sparkle this cleanse up. I choose to not be afraid - to get out there and do my thing and if I bottom out or revolt over the course of the next 21 days, I'll smile and recommit. 
     I want to transform my thoughts, rebuild my self-esteem, and teach myself how to love what I fear in order to reach for my dreams. My dreams are within my range, I just have to stretch myself and grab them.
      There will be a daily post and my personal reflection; each day will include various ways to enhance the cleanse. Including: Inspiration, Focus, Prayer, Affirmation, Body Movin' and a Tip. I've adjusted the "To-Do" section of Kris' book to "Inspiration" and "God Pod Maintenance" to "Body Movin'." 
     I invite you to share this journey with me and if you feel like sending on any love this way - this gal will appreciate it. Here's the the Treat Yo Self Sparkle Cleanse!

 ** The information I share is provided for informational purposes only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your professional healthcare providers before beginning any new treatment. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment