Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Year Ago

A Year Ago


Had you told me that I would transform an additional 30 pounds by EATING MORE FOOD, I would have laughed. Or had you suggested I learn from a new teacher, I wouldn't have believed you. Had you told me I would learn how to love cooking, I would have doubted you. And had you told me that I would uncover even more about myself by examining my relationship with food, I would have stopped in my tracks.
A year ago I began my 100 Day Journey of Nourishment. With the support of Maggie Christopher, a holistic nutrition counselor, the GiveIt100.com social media platform and my own willingness to explore, I began creating an authentic relationship with my health, food and weight.

Inner wisdom let me know my 100 Day Journey of Nourishment would be a powerfully healing experience. With a few outcomes, though mostly focused on intention setting, I learned valuable lessons through my 100 days. Creating a daily 10 second video and then sharing them weekly here added to my healing like no other and beyond what I thought it would. It kept me accountable, kept me moving and kept me honest with myself.

Let's Keep Traveling Together


The 100 Days with Maggie was a jump start on my path as a Wellness Warrior, though one could say, it began long before I was consciously aware it was. To support my continued path, once a month, I sit across from Maggie in her 3rd floor St. Paul office. The comfortable cream love seat with beautifully embellished teal pillows support me body, while Maggie sits on what I can imagine is an equally comfortable chair, next to the fire place and supports my head, heart and soul.

Tomorrow Maggie and I will walk together in sacred trust to explore where my journey has taken me in the last month. We'll talk, because that's what is needed, in a way where I feel safe to journey further on my path.

I'll talk about how last week, in response to stress, I indulged with chocolate. And while chocolate in moderation is delightful, it was in the over indulgence where something shifted. I'll share that I was eating more than what feels best for my body and how I found a way, after having a migraine on Monday to reset the equilibrium with my authentic relationship with health, food and weight. As it turned out, I wasn't being all that nice or loving to myself.

And for all of these pieces, the roads we've traveled, side by side and the roads we have yet to explore, I thank you Maggie for being a guiding light and allowing me to shine!
With Love, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment