Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Upcoming Anniversary

Before work world calls me back
Words pour out my finger tips
It's been 2 years on Sunday
An anniversary of...
Life, body, healing
Transformation

September 21, 2012
The day I recognized and seized the moment that transformed my life forever
While "everything" didn't change, so very many things did
How many moons I've seen
And sunrises experienced since that day
Minutes of time pass, leading into days and weeks
Finding it now to be months and years

How often I thought "I'd never make it" to the next day
Not holding strong, barely holding on
Some days met with ease
Others where I really had to spend time to see
 
Stepping into uncharted territory
The navigation set before me
And yet, I didn't know where I was going
No outcome was predictable in that present vantage point
Trust of radical space
And yet I leaped in

There were lights shining the way
Though only a few feet in front
Enough to feel safe
Yet not enough to know where I'd end up
I still find myself trying to see beyond
To see past the light, where the shadow lies
Though it simply isn't possible
 
Place a wish in a jar
A kiss on a star
Connect to the Universe
The "something bigger than me"
Where gratitude and grace reside

On that day
My life could no longer be lived in an ordinary way
Not any more
Trust remains at the heart of my exploratory journey
To be in trust
With trust
And appreciate when trust surrounds a connection
 
I think of my Grandma E
How her poetry and journals now sit on my dining room table
And in her memory, I share two of the poems she wrote

Janet 1
Janet, your grandmother sends you love
You are truly a gift from heaven above
On October 5, 1982, you were born
At 1:17 in the wee hours of the morn

Janet 2
I'm quite lonesome for lively little Janet
I see her clearly in the eye of my mind
Questioning forehead, questioning eyes
Active legs, active arms
She smiles and everybody is charmed
Sweet baby smell, I sniff
Thank you for her, a blessed gift.

With Love, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment