Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Tatu: Love This

Purple ink
Engraved into skin
A mark of a journey
Today, it may be a little bruised
But aren't we all a little bruised sometimes?
 
Sensitive
Of course it is
Near the heart
Facing in
Where the beautiful reminder will shine
 
When I look down
I smile
Because I do, indeed
Love This 


Soul-surfacing: A tatu to honor my healing journey. 


A few months ago I struggled to accept my arms (more like the extra skin that is now present from the body transformation I've been on). I would ramble off hurtful things and one day I thought, "maybe  there's another way?" so rather than saying the hurtful, shameful things, I started saying "Love This." 

Time went on and I started writing this phrase on the inner part of my left arm and other parts of my body where I was holding shame and guilt. It's taken time, but today my arm was forever changed, symbolizing the beauty I've now found in my arm.
The last time my arm looked like this.

The Consultation:
Inner, Upper Left Arm - here's where the beautiful strength lies.

Receiving the news from Kore: "the upper, inner arm is the second most sensitive spot on the body."
(for a second, I thought "don't do it"...)
 
And then I remember how much this meant to me.
We're going for it!
A breath and pause for a moment of reflection.
This is getting real.
It's time!!!
Stand here for disenfecting: and so I stood.
Tatu me up Kore!
After the outline was done, I needed a little breather, some water and cold compress.
There was so much healing happening.
Yep... it's tender!
I do, indeed, "Love This"
We went for a dark purple, the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment and in this journey, I've found much.
A picture, of a picture, of "Love This"
Thanks to my amazing friend for capturing the many moments of this journey.



Thank you, Tatu's By Kore' for the truly beautiful tatu and healing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment