Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 1: 100 Day Journey of Nourishment

In the last week I've posted 7, 10 second videos on GiveIt100.com, a new online platform for people who want to achieve something in their lives by sharing videos and offering support to others.
Here's a compilation of my videos:

One might ask why I'm doing this and I'll be it, sometimes I even wonder. And I'll allow for a space of the unknown to exist, there is something I'm certain of,  I'm pouring myself into this experience. Finding willingness, opportunities for growth and even forgiveness to become companions to me on my journey. 

For many years I've been more intentional about being a better friend; to provide empathy, support and even laughter, connecting with so many beautiful people. And while I've been healing old patterns and being offered second chances with relationships that were once tramped on, I realized that there was one relationship I wasn't being intentional with. I wondered if I could offer the same shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen to and even a companion to laugh with, to myself. If I could find a way to be more loving, more open and truly empathetic to the pieces where I breathe most deeply and pause. 

My Day 2 video struck me the most. How easily I became discouraged at a .4+ weight gain. And even as others sent their support, me, inside of myself needed to discover this. So I sat beside myself and in the best way I could allowed for the waves of love to come in and support this piece.

Turns out, watching these videos has indeed offered me a way to begin practicing being a friend, to myself.
With Love, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment