Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hero-ness

The shift came upon me
Though, not from what was,
Rather from what wasn't there any longer.
 
Running (not so subtly) into it, 
finding myself set upon a blade
As if to point out that I was really here.
A reminder of this time and place,
a scar of the emotions.

How I wish I could have said I would ignore it.
Because I've done that before.

But it wasn't that easy this time,
Something was different
Oh, it's that thing, called love.
 
So do I stop Judging? Criticizing? And start accepting?
Do I say, "Oh, that's all right. You'll figure it out."

Yet mind races,
There must be a way?
Must be something I can say?

Maybe instead of a savior,
all you really need is a friend?

Maybe THIS is what you have to do to find your healing.
If you are walking in the woods,
approching the darkness.
You don't want me to do it for you, do you?

You're just looking for a light to help guide.
Maybe you don't even know you need a light?
But it can't be me to force you to see.
Even if I filled your woods with a million lights.

But without you,
I noticed that this thing I do,
my hero-ness,
Has less to do with you
or the blame I consider to be true.
But instead, the part of me that wants to judge,
It isn't because you don't fit into this perfect little box in my head.
It is me,
Hoping to be free from the hero I no longer need to be.

Written 08.13.13 J.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment