Sunday, January 19, 2014

The 100 Pound Lesson + Vlog

Vlogging


I'll be the first to admit when my husband said, "oh, you're 'vlogging' tonight," I didn't know what he meant. After a quick search on the web, I was able to confidently respond with, "yes, hunny, I am indeed 'vlogging' tonight." My heart was poured into this video and it turned out better than I had imagined. I've learned a bit about sharing this and am grateful for the journey, support and all the love. I've uploaded this video to YouTube and can be found here: The 100 Pound Lesson

I dove into the pictures and my life since 2011 and found that my weight was indeed my teacher and I was student. There were moments during this process where extra love and self-forgiveness came in as the judgmental thoughts started playing. "I was doing my best to support myself." And now I have more tools, more trust and most importantly more self-awareness and I find that I am able to support myself with even more beauty.

Reflection allowed me to look at my life since 2011 in 2 Chapters

Chapter 1: The Journey of Awareness


Chapter 2: The Journey of 100 Pounds


Chapter 3: The Journey of Nourishment

Pt. 1 - 45 Days


This began on January 11, 2014. A day I learned how to Rock Climb and completed my first Vlog. It set forward momentum and an ignited passion for doing new things, especially those which I thought I couldn't do. And in the next 36 days (until February 25), I'll be trying new things to honor my life with support and love along the way. 


Pt. 2 - 100 Days

I want my body transformation to keep going and for the holistic approach to provide me with tools and support to sustain and reach my weight goal of 150. Beginning on February 25 (36 days from now) I begin my 8-week nutritionist work with Maggie Christopher. Which I vlogged about earlier this week. For 100 days her and I will work together, explore additional layers with my relationship with food, support my emotions and continue to transform my body. While I currently use supplemental protein shakes for some meals, Maggie and I will work on adding real, beautiful foods, while supporting my food sensitives (gluten, dairy, corn, yeast, refined sugar) and life goals. I'm excited to share both this journey and the days leading up to it.


Where I Am At Today

198 Pounds wanting to reach my goal weight: 150 and sustain it.





With love, Jan 

No comments:

Post a Comment