Thursday, January 16, 2014

Holistic Nutrition Counselor: Maggie Christopher pt.1

The Cleanse, 100 Pounds and What I Learned

Last July I began working with Dr. Margaret, a holistic chiropractor. Her talents abound with love and as we addressed the physical symptoms I was having (migraines, stomach issues, back pain, emotional challenges, weight) a cleanse was suggested. Knowing it was the right time, I set out to write a new chapter in my book of life. The work we did together was amazing, I mean, I transformed over 100 pounds in 13 months and started healing at the foundation of my life. I remain grateful for this time, energy and love.

In October I sensed this chapter was coming to an end. It was strange to feel because for the first time, in a long time, I had finally found a place where I felt safe to explore and now was understanding that I was ready to find a new place to do this. I handled it the best way I could, though rather than just pushing through it, I sat in it. I observed the thoughts and emotions and noticed the desire for a shift.

I felt disconnected and unnerved. What and how was I going to do this and who was I going to do this with? I fell back into some old patterns, unaware that my silence was speaking louder than words. A lack of trust in myself surfaced and somewhere I realized that regardless of the external pieces, I need to be the first one to support myself.
With a prayerful heart, I searched within and found support. Awareness allowed for a true evaluation and I began trusting myself, more than I ever have. It was my chapter on Trusting My Intuition. And as I seemingly felt alone, I saw there were friends by my side, encouraging and supporting me. Discovering that when I really listen, pay attention and ask for support, I find it.

The Next Chapter:

A New Journey with Maggie Christopher, Holistic Nutrition Counselor


Her card has been floating around my house, from one junk drawer to another for the last 3 years. Referred to me by my acupuncturist, I held on to the card, trusting my intuition that when I was ready, she'd be the one to help me get there.

I had a free consultation with Maggie on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 and created this video blog about the experience. The great news is we will be working together starting February 25 and I'm very thankful!




With love, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment