Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Wave of Gratitude

Fourteenth Week of Inspiring Happiness Project

     With gratitude, I found myself fully welcoming the end of July, with a dedication to reclaim August. July started out with a our great trip to South Dakota and a week and a half later my husband needed an emergency gall bladder surgery. Bringing us to the same hospital we had been to only a month ago.      
     Fortunately, my husband is on the road to recovery and we are grateful for the care he received. Although any time someone is unwell, ones heart aches for their pain. With my time being divided amongst visiting him in the hospital, waiting to hear good news and trying to still get things done around the home, I found myself filled to capacity. 
     With my husband’s first hospital visit, I didn’t know how to ask for help and felt extremely overwhelmed. This time, asking for help found me rejuvenated. The support I received from friends and family was something truly to be grateful for - so thank you! The kind words, loving support and willingness to help out anyway you could was appreciated!

A simple "Thank You" goes along way

    How often do you show thanks for the little things? 
    I’ve been riding the LightRail for 4 years and only a few months ago did I begin waving “thank you” to the drivers. They get me to work and home safely and all this time I've gone without expressing my gratitude. Then the idea of giving a wave of gratitude became the simplest and easiest way to express thanks. 
    It was a nice feeling to start and end my work day with. Occasionally I found myself hoping the drivers would exchange a simple wave my way. However, over the last few months, there was one driver who wouldn't engage in the exchange. I began hoping for it and then I thought, I'm not doing this for anyone else. 
    No one gives to charity expecting to be rewarded, they do it because they care. So I kept doing my wave of gratitude. Then last Friday, I almost missed it. I had already started walking to my car and was beyond my usual wave zone when I remembered that I hadn't thanked them. So I quickly turned, gave a wave and this time, they waved back!
    Does sending a wave of gratitude to the LightRail driver count as changing the world? I'm not sure, but maybe, just maybe that little wave rippled to another person, inspiring them to show gratitude.  Share A Wave of Gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment