Monday, February 25, 2013

Just Need to Get It Out

When You Talk About It


    I've been working through a lot of old patterns and as I continue to share, even when I am uncomfortable, I know it is important. There is something about exploring my thoughts and feelings and getting it out there that has allowed me to have moments of truly inspired happiness. 
    Did I think that sharing about deep wounds with Me and My Body would having me feeling better? No, not at first. 
    As I've prepared to write the last few blogs and especially the next one, I keep running into a wall. This wall is stopping me from healing. So what does one do when the thing you want is just out of reach and the road you choose to travel isn't paved?
    Inspiration came as I was getting my haircut and paging through January's Glamour Magazine, I read an article entitled: How to Quit Faking It by Jane Pratt. Jane is the editor of xoJane a lifestyle website for women. 

"More and more I’ve come to realize that the healthiest thing you can do is tell the truth in real time. Women are often encouraged to discuss their issues only after those issues are tied up in a neat little nugget of easily digestible advice. It takes more courage, I believe, to acknowledge a mistake while you are making it, a triumph as you are achieving it...When you talk about what you’re going through while it’s raw, you open the door for others to do the same—while dissipating any shame that you might feel."
 

    I sat stunned, vulnerable and concerned. Had she had some how heard the doubts in my head and decided it was time to gently remind me? 
    While I doubt she has the ability to see into the future, what she does have is an awareness of a common theme in many peoples lives. Personally, I don't think this is limited to women only or to our generation, the idea of truthfully acknowledging everything in ones life can be universal. 
    So thank you Jane for being you, for having the wisdom to express yourself and allowing me to feel supported and inspired to write what I need to write about, as it is, with a little bit of dirt and a whole lotta truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment