Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Year of Inspiring Happiness

Inspiring Happiness Project


      September marks the one-year anniversary of the creation of the Inspiring Happiness Project. It began as an exploration of self-discovery and blossomed into artwork, blogging and a whole lot of healing. With gratitude of this journey, I reflect on the overall project. What have I absolutely loved? What have I wanted to transform? What do I need the Inspiring Happiness Project to reflect for my life now?

Ask Questions. Welcome Answers. Make Changes.

     Last December I began working with Sara Shrode, a graphic designer of Campfire Studio. We began with an idea and it became a tangible item with a monthly theme, weekly quote and 6 Senses to support the theme. Along with this, the materials were printed, with an area for me to journal, as well as a Giveaway portion to share with others. As the project began taking shape, I felt inspired to create the final element, this blog!

Loving It!

1) Monthly and weekly theme: each has lent itself to beauty and mindfulness.
2) Giveaways: being able to share this with others was lovely.
3) Blogging: it's become an amazing tool for healing.

Inspiring Happiness Experience Summary

     While I can't say that every moment has been both inspired and happy, what I can say is that there have been amazing moments. All filled with joy, excitement; as well as sadness, tears and healing. It's in the cumulative experience of these moments that my life was created. With the Inspiring Happiness Project I was encouraged to participate fully and really honor each. Joy came as a relief during the times of sadness and sadness came as a way to find healing. Teaching me that life it is not about the end result, it's about the journey along the way.

Changes

1) Designs: I've begun using my creativity to design all of the digital inspirational images for the Inspiring Happiness Project.
2) Monthly theme: The monthly theme and 6 Senses are combined, supporting each other beautifully. Plus, these will be updated as the blog title.
3) Weekly quote and image: A weekly quote and image will be created with a different look and feel from previous months.
4) Giveaways: I'm revising this process and waiting for the creative solution to be discovered.
5) Blogging: This is a keeper! My experience over the last four months has proved to me that the structure I tried to apply to a weekly blog was sometimes overwhelming. Making time to live life, spend time with family and friends and work are also important. So I'm setting a goal of a weekly blog and if I don't make a weekly blog, giving myself permission to be ok with that.
6) Inspiring Happiness Logo: While I love the original image, which reflected my own personal happiness, I wanted to create a new logo that captured happiness, embraced color and was fresh and beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment