Friday, October 17, 2014

My Improv Birthday & First Recital

Last month I wrote about my first few weeks with my intermediate improv class at Stevie Ray's. And there was a part of me that thought I was going to give in and give up and yet I stuck with it. Not because of the money or my pride, no, there was a deeper reason, I just needed to remember it.

There were a series of events that lead me to fall in love with improv and as I approached my 32nd birthday, I knew how I wanted to celebrate: An Improv Birthday Party.

Invitations were created by a beautiful blonde bombshell I know, who not only took ideas I had to create something so amazing, she also applied her quick wit to add lines like, "RSVP to sit at the cool kid table." I envisioned myself surrounded by friends and family, laughing until the muscles in our cheeks hurt. So yes, my 32nd birthday was laughed in with love.

Best part, I got to get up on stage with one my favorite people: Carl! He was my first instructor and because of his belief in me and willingness to laugh (even when it wasn't that funny) really allowed me to go forward and shine. So to be on stage with a full house, tables of cool kids and perform with Carl, it was like Christmas!

Intermediate Improv Recital


I was nervous! Yes, I get butterflies too. Though as the 16 of us improv students huddled in the green room, I set an intention: Have fun and put out love. The 60 minutes of showtime flew and being able to hear a room filled with laughter is uplifting and loving.

I'm grateful for the joy in which I feel while on the stage and in the classroom.




No comments:

Post a Comment