Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Returning to the Mat

Time Away


It's been some time since the squishy, blue yoga mat, bought a year and a half ago was rolled onto my living room floor. Time passed by quickly and if you looked closely a tiny bit of dust gathered on its rolled up surface. I kept trying to use it, yet I wasn't really READY  |  WILLING  |  WANTING. There were many thoughts about why I "should" exercise and in some attempt to shift the energy I even wrote a blog post about it. Though you won't find it here, it sits as a draft, written, yet unpublished.

In the last few months I've waded through my options, finding ease with the discomfort of the unknown. Uncovering that there was a BIG story I kept telling myself and it was written on the last day I joyfully practiced Yoga Booty Ballet in the summer of 2013. And this story became my excuse to not move my body PERIOD.

Picture provided by
http://evolveyogawellness.com/

Hot Yoga


In meditation space, clarity and compassion came forward, releasing the hold of the story, seeing it for what it was. In travels to Duluth, a dear family member asked if I wanted to attend a 90-minute Hot Yoga class at Evolve Duluth with them. While my brain rambled off numerous reasons why I "just couldn't do that," deeper in, the seedling of desire was discovered.

In the renovated basement with exposed stone walls of the 1889's old City Hall building, ease came in. As our instructor Tiffany led us into our first breath of the class, the flower bloomed with love. Expansiveness was found as self-reflection into the mat providing a mirror. My body spoke in silence and as sweat mixed with tears, release was found. Messages flooded in, received in my heart center and gratitude surrounded the moment. With clarify and articulation, the message to be a Wellness Warrior took root.

With Love, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment