Thursday, March 21, 2013

Officially 6

I Want To Feel Better


    6 glorious months ago, I took a leap of faith, trusted my instincts and committed to creating the life I wanted. The intention was simple: “I want to feel better.” Headaches and migraines were a weekly occurrence. Stomach issues occurred after each meal. Sleeping poorly, bouts of depression and my body size literally weighed me down. Because I didn’t feel well, the lack of energy left me disconnected from motivation. The things I really wanted to do seemed out of reach.

    But something beautiful happened. I found support (thanks Dr. Margaret). I created a platform for healing (thanks Inspiring Happiness Project). I discovered a way to journey towards feeling better and on September 21, 2012 with positive dedication, I began paying attention and honoring my whole self.

    I knew there would be bumps in the road and that when I had a “bad day” and wanted to eat fast food, I’d text my friend. I knew I could actually inspect my emotional eating habits. I knew I could change what and how I eat.

    What I didn’t plan for was that by changing what I ate, I would actually start feeling better after 3 weeks. That my food transformation would allow me to emotionally transform. That by blogging, I'd find support and continue to grow. And that today, 6 months later I'd greet the world 63 pounds lighter.

    And the best surprise is that after 6 months, what and how I eat has become a lifestyle for me. I discovered that all these parts of my journey (weight transformation, emotional healing, judging myself less, and Paying Attention) were connected by one very important thing... Love. That my One.Main.Ingredient for success is Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment