Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Month of Blogging

First month of Inspiring Happiness Project

     Our lives are filled with a variety of experiences. Many built up with joy and excitement for (weddings, anniversaries, birthdays), others not initially welcomed (rain at an outdoor event, an unexpected car repair or the loss of a loved one). Each experience requires choices and unplanned energy to navigate and integrate this new experience into what we envisioned our lives to be. We continue to be left with a choice to make, "how do we respond to the experience and adjust to the change?" It’s in the choices we make, that our lives are created.
     Making the choice to create the Inspiring Happiness Project was filled with joy and unease. A month in and I’ve already begun to see the rewards of expressing myself and living more intentionally. The creative and inspiring energy I’ve put in has been a lovely way to have weekly inspirational quotes and ways to awaken my senses to continue transforming. 
    I’m making choices to be in the moment and cherish the simple things; like cuddling with my cats while the breeze ruffles the curtains and we listen to birds sing.
    I’m also making choices to let the unwelcomed moments occur; like the disappointment I had with the cancellation of the Cranberries concert, frustration with learning new dance steps and emotions that float towards the surface as I share my truth. I cannot change what happens to me, but I can choose how I will respond and I choose to create a life I treasure.
     As I continue to trust my choices, choosing to blog about my journey of healing with infertility and depression was a true testament. For so long I was ashamed and afraid to talk about these experiences and there I was last week, trusting that I was ready to share, hoping that it would be received with love, compassion and support. Thank you to everyone, I felt all of those things!
    As I travel with June’s purpose to landscape, I am already filled with excitement. Landscaping is more than planting and pulling weeds; it’s about taking what surrounds you, creating beauty and transforming how you interact with your world by Inspiring Happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment