Sunday, September 22, 2013

Celebrating Happiness & Birthday Party


On September 22, 2013 I celebrated my 31st birthday (a few weeks early) and my 1 year anniversary with my dietary choices. 


It had been years since I hosted a party and honestly the last one I did I expected so many people, yet only 3 people came and I was a little nervous this could happen again. Through my past year of healing, I acknowledged this fear, while honoring my love for hostessing. Growing up, I was always throwing parties, whether they were birthdays, New Years, End of the School Year, my house was the spot and I loved doing it.

The Venue

I love the outdoors and the Thompson Park Pavilion in West St. Paul has a beautiful rental facility, park and pond. This was the perfect setting for this celebration.







The Decorations and Activities

While this party was in honor of me, I believe a good hostess creates memorable experiences. As I approached the activities, I wanted to support this in many ways.

Welcome Table Guest Sign In
I used the colors purple and orange. Purple represents the intuitive color in the aura, and reveals psychic power of attunement with self and supports transformation. Orange represents the beautiful fall colors, vibrant health and supports creativity. 

Make a Wish for the Birthday Girl.
I had pieces of paper with a "J" cut out for my name.
Guests used pens to write a wish and placed the wishes in the white container.
The white container is something I've had on display in my house for years, though it always sat empty.
Now it is filled with beautiful wishes for me.
 Take a Wish for Me to You
I had beautiful pieces of paper with inspirational affirmations hand written on them.
Each slip of paper had a different message.
I encouraged guests to take a deep breath, set their intention and select a slip of paper.
Trusting that this message inside was just for them.
Connecting Cards
I love to write and recognize how beautifully healing it can be.
Last year I did this activity and shared it here: Letter To Myself 
On this day, I encouraged guests to write a letter to themselves a year from now.
When finished they sealed the envelopes and placed it in the pink metal mailbox.
I still have the letters in there and when September 22, 2014 arrives, 
my guests will find their letters in their mailboxes. 
The Traveling Signs Table & Shutterfly Book
This honors my passion for inspirational signs.
As well as honoring my 1 year anniversary with my food transformation.
This book can be found in my earlier post:  Jan's Shutterfly Book 
Brunch
Purple and orange!
Brunch
We served pancakes, sausage, eggs and hash browns,
 all of the items we served were gluten-free and dairy-free options.
The rest of the food was brought in by guests as a potluck brunch.
Caramel Apple Bar
This was one of those treats that while I couldn't eat it, 
I enjoyed setting it up and seeing how others enjoyed their time with it.
Caramel Apple Bar
These are dessert glasses that have been in my family for generations. 
They made the perfect mini serving dishes for all of the caramel apple toppings.
Including a variety of crushed candies, cookies, nuts and sprinkles.
I had such a great day, seeing so many wonderful friends,
celebrating my 1 year anniversary and my 31st birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment